On October 18th, the Senate Appropriations Committee, led by Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Ranking Member Richard Shelby (R-AL), released the report to accompany the FY 2022 (Oct. 1, 2021-Sept. 30, 2022) Labor, Health and Human Services (HHS), Education, and Related Agencies appropriations bill. The bill includes funding for all HHS programs, including the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
The appropriations chart can be accessed here.
NASADAD is pleased to announce the release of an updated fact sheet on the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment (SAPT) Block Grant prevention set-aside administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The updated fact sheet includes the following:
- An overview of the prevention set-aside
- Data on substance use, including increases in use during the COVID-19 pandemic
- New section on the value of prevention efforts
- How prevention set-aside funds are used
- Targeted prevention efforts
- Prevention success stories
- Recent investments in the SAPT Block Grant prevention set-aside in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Description of the role of the State Alcohol & Drug Agency
To view the fact sheet, click here.