NASADAD is pleased to announce the release of an Overview of and Recommendations Regarding Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS). The overview:
- Offers background on e-cigarettes and reviews the scope of the problem, especially among youth;
- Outlines federal actions over the past several years, including recent steps to raise the minimum age of legal tobacco product access to 21;
- Describes the Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA) role in regulating the sale of tobacco products;
- Describes the State alcohol & drug agencies’ role in tobacco control, with a particular focus on Synar; and
- Offers NASADAD’s position and recommendations related to ENDS.