COVID-19 Resources for Providers
- The CDC has provided guidance for direct services providers for people with disabilities during COVID-19
- The CDC has also released guidance for direct service providers, caregivers, parents, and people with developmental and behavioral disorders during COVID-19
- The CDC provides a single page with information and guidance for healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 outbreak
- SAMHSA has provided resources for training and technical assistance related to COVID-19
Substance Use Providers
- Urinalysis Guidance | National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP)
- SAMHSA’s Disaster planning handbook for behavioral health treatment programs. See chapter five for information about methadone dosing and chapter six for planning in the event of a pandemic.
- SAMHSA recently released guidance on the public health emergency response and 42 C.F.R. Part 2
- SAMHSA’s Considerations for the Care and Treatment of Mental and Substance Use Disorders in the COVID-19 Epidemic: March 20, 2020
- New York sent a letter to substance use providers which includes guidelines for treating patients with COVID-19 symptoms or suspected exposure.
- Illinois’ Division of Substance Use Prevention and Recovery released guidance to residential, long-term care, and OTP providers.
- Indiana has released guidance for mental health and substance use providers amid the COVID-19 crisis (March 25, 2020).
- Presentation: Substance Use Disorder Services in the Days of a Pandemic: You Need a Bigger Boat! You will find the objectives about four minutes into the presentation.
- Hawaii has provided their Department of Health’s Division of Child and Adolescent Mental Health guidance for substance use and mental health providers
Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT)
- DEA & SAMHSA’s Buprenorphine and Telemedicine COVID-19 Guidance (March 31, 2020)
- DEA’s Use of telemedicine while providing medication assisted treatment (MAT)
- SAMHSA released general guidance on pharmacology for opioid use disorders and COVID-19
- FAQs: Provision of methadone and buprenorphine for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in the COVID-19 emergency (SAMHSA)
- FAQs: MAT and Telehealth | State of California’s Department of Health Care Services
- Washington State’s guidance for office based opioid treatment programs and buprenorphine prescriptions
- This webinar, entitled Substance Use Disorder Services in the Days of a Pandemic, walks through MAT in rural Wisconsin during the COVID-19 outbreak (March 20, 2020)
- COVID-19 Medicaid Relief Response for Medication Assisted Treatment | Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Opioid Treatment Programs (OTPs)
- The DEA has allowed an exemption permitting alternate delivery methods for OTPs
- DEA’s Diversion Control Division has released this link for emergency disaster assistance
- SAMHSA released guidance on opioid treatment program (OTP) implementation on March 13th
- OTP guidance for patients quarantined at home with the coronavirus (SAMHSA)
- Substance Use Disorder Services in the Days of a Pandemic: You Need A Bigger Boat! You will find the objectives about 4 minutes into the presentation.
- Ohio released a FAQ document responding to questions relating to dosing, medication storage, OTP closures, and supporting employees.
- Tennessee released guidance for their OTPs which covers preparedness recommendations and best practices for reducing transmission, dosing, screening, and OTP closures (March 20, 2020).
- Washington State has provided a FAQ document for opioid treatment programs, including recommendations and resources on office functions, medication storage, dosing, delivery protocol, and OTP closures (March 4, 2020).
- The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection released an implementation order for the delivery of methadone to homebound clients by methadone maintenance clinics. Connecticut also released guidance to their methadone clinics during COVID-19.
- Florida’s letter to licensed methadone providers
- Kentucky’s Guidance to Narcotic Treatment Programs
- Opioid Treatment Program Support Needed in the Event of COVID-19 Emergency Quarantine/Shelter-in-Place | New York State
- Wisconsin’s OTP final payment rates