Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Research Associate I
The National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD) – a non-profit association (www.nasadad.org) providing research and technical assistance to the states and territories on substance use and misuse prevention, treatment, and recovery services – seeks a team-oriented person interested in substance use disorder issues and systems. The candidate should: possess an understanding of substance use issues, have excellent writing and communication skills, and demonstrate strong research and analytic capabilities.
Experience and qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree required in social science, health, or human services, (e.g., public health, sociology, psychology, and social work);
- Knowledge of and interest in substance use and related issues;
- Strong writing and qualitative/quantitative data analysis skills;
- Demonstrated experience in developing reports and documents; and
- Strong computer skills in: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Stata or SPSS
- Supports a diverse portfolio of research and technical assistance projects;
- Assists in developing small and large-scale surveys and facilitate data collection, analysis, summarization, and dissemination;
- Supports the development of research briefs and reports, technical assistance documents, and meeting summaries;
- Plans and supports conference calls, live meetings, webinars for state and territories, federal partners, stakeholders, and subject matter experts;
- Provides planning and logistical support for national meetings and conferences; and
- Coordinates tasks and works effectively in a team-driven environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits.
Position involves a hybrid work model. Work location in Washington, DC office; near Metro. Position involves some local meetings.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Tracy Flinn, Ed.D., Senior Research Analyst
To apply for this job email your details to CHalsted@nasadad.org