Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Research Analyst II – Treatment Task Leader
The National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD) – a non-profit association (www.nasadad.org) providing research and technical assistance to the states and territories on substance misuse and use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery services – seeks a knowledgeable and experienced person in substance use disorders (SUD) treatment, who is team-oriented, has excellent writing and research abilities, data analysis experience, and strong communication skills.
Experience and qualities:
- 5 – 9 years of relevant work experience in substance use disorder treatment research, technical assistance, administration and/or direct service;
- Master’s Degree in social science, health, or human services or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge and experience in SUD treatment issues and practices, including evidence-based and emerging/promising practices, oversight and regulation, financing of SUD treatment; services for vulnerable and underserved populations; SUD services in various settings and systems;
- Demonstrated materials development and report writing skills on SUD and related issues;
- Strong qualitative/quantitative data analysis on SUD issues;
- Experience planning and supporting the implementation of technical assistance and training;
- Experience with project management; and
- Strong computer skills in: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Stata or SPSS.
- Support a diverse portfolio of research and technical assistance projects;
- Develop small and large-scale surveys and facilitate data collection, analysis, summarization, and dissemination;
- Write research briefs and reports, technical assistance documents, and meeting summaries;
- Plan and manage topic calls and webinars for state and federal partners;
- Communicate frequently with states, federal agencies, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to provide technical assistance to state SUD leaders;
- Participate and plan national-level meetings and conferences; and
- Manage projects and tasks and work effectively in a team-driven environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits.
Work location in Washington, DC office; near Metro. Position involves a hybrid work model, some local meetings and occasional travel out of area.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Tracy Flinn, Ed.D., Senior Research Analyst, at:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org