Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Research Analyst II – Women’s and Youth Services
The National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD) – a non-profit association (www.nasadad.org) providing research and technical assistance to the states and territories on substance use misuse and use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery services – seeks an experienced, team-oriented person with a demonstrated understanding of substance use issues related to women and youth, excellent writing and research abilities, data analysis experience, and strong communication skills.
Experience and qualities:
- 5 + years of experience in substance use disorder research, technical assistance, administration and/or direct service (or services in an allied profession such as public health, social services, or criminal justice);
- MA required in social science or human service field, (e.g., public health, sociology, psychology, social work, economics);
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working on substance use issues and practices related to women, youth, and families;
- Strong technical writing and qualitative/quantitative data analysis skills;
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical reports and documents;
- Experience with project management;
- Strong computer skills in: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Stata or SPSS; and
- Experience in federal and/or state substance use disorder policies, programs, systems that impact women and youth preferred.
- Oversee the NASADAD Women’s Services Network (WSN)and Youth Coordinators;
- Develop small and large-scale surveys and facilitate data collection, analysis, summarization, and dissemination;
- Write research briefs and reports, technical assistance documents, and meeting summaries;
- Plan and manage conference calls and webinars for state and federal partners;
- Communicate frequently with states, federal agencies, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to provide technical assistance to state substance use disorder leaders;
- Participate and plan national-level meetings and conferences; and
- Manage projects and tasks.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits. Work location in Washington, DC office; near Metro. Position involves a hybrid work model, some local meetings and occasional travel out of area.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Tracy Flinn, Ed.D., Senior Research Analyst, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com